We have on site at Geedema (Sweet Water) accommodation of 14 en-suite guest rooms. The rooms have a double bed, with a shower and European style toilet. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable and are intended as a clean place to wash and sleep as you make the most of the beautiful African sunshine
The outside area has sun loungers where you can relax under the traditional grass umbrellas and a shaded Banta bar, for you to sit and chat while enjoying a cool drink. There is a barbeque area with all you need should you wish to cook or prepare food, and an indoor social where you can charge your phones or laptops.
All bed linen and towels for use in the rooms are provided, however it is advisable for you to bring your own beach towel.
- £15 per person per night A room which will be clean and comfortable, located in a traditional style African round house, with shower and toilet. Bed sheets and towels provided.
- £15 per person each way (Optional) Airport transfers both on arrival and departure.
- Free Local SIM card so you can contact us and home… you will need to bring a inexpensive unlocked phone and away you go!
- Day Trip £30-£45 per person per day depending on choice.(Optional) Trips of your choice will be arranged on arrival, there are many lovely places to see so you can enjoy the area, you can decide when you arrive with us just what choice you have and plan your trips. You may want to visit a place of beauty, a lovely beach, a bustling market, a busy fishing village, you will be sure to have a good day.
- £30 per vehicle per night (Optional) Taxi to the tourist area for 2 passengers where the driver that will wait and bring you home safe. Transport to and from Senegambia tourist area where you can enjoy the night life, have a meal in one of the many restaurants and dance the night away if you wish.
- Free 24/7 in house support, a member of staff will be on hand at all times to assist you in any way. We have 24 hour security on site.
- Meals can be arranged/provide using fresh local produce at very reasonable cost.
- ( A price list can be emailed on request)
We aim to keep pricing reasonable by eliminating the need for glossy expensive literature, using simple online communication wherever possible. We trust our commitment, skills and knowledge will be appreciated and assure you that any visitors/students will not be disappointed with the remarkable Gambian Experience!
High season is November-May.
Low season is June-October.
Flights are available with Thomas Cook airline during the high season from Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick Airports. Flights are available all year from Gatwick Airport via Gambia Experience which can be booked online.
Other airlines fly indirect into The Gambia we can advise on request.
Personal Travel Insurance is the responsibility of each individual guest.
You may want some time in schools/Collages/universities, you may want to work in the Health Care Sector where we can arrange for you to be placed in Hospitals/Clinics/Child Birth Centres/Mental Health or any area you are interested in. It could be environmental issues you are interested in, it may be Sport, you let us know and we will make sure it happens for you.
We have a library on site that the local village children access, there is always a need for help and support in the literacy skills for the children. You will be used to help the children read, and write, maybe support them with numeracy. Work in our homework club, we do art and craft workshops with the children, where they can use resources that are not readily available to them. Any skill or talent, knowledge you would like to share you are more than welcome. Maybe some sport coaching or a drama/music workshop, all these areas help the children to grow in confidence and help them feel great about themselves. Believe us they are little stars and all twinkle just as bright, you will grow very fond of them and be sure to have some very funny and happy memories.
We work very closely with the village nursery school where you can assist in the learning of the children
There is no safe in the room but a safe at reception is provided for you to put your valuable documents and money if you wish to do so. We have a 24 hour security watchman on site.
The water on site for washing is from our own well which is pumped into a tank. It is heated by the sun therefore HOT showers cannot be guaranteed.
Bottled water should always be used for drinking.
Bring sunscreen for protection, and a hat!
You will need mosquito repellent. The site we live on has very few mosquitoes especially in high season however caution should be shown.
Basic first aid travel kit is advisable.
Don’t worry most things can be located in The Gambia.
Visit the Gambia Tourism Authority website for more information on travelling to The Gambia.